The business units in this plumbing contracting skill set are considered self paced, as the first five days are mandatory campus attendance, then the study will be mainly online for the bulk of the course work, and then finalised by three days attendance at campus in this 12 week course.
Books that are supplied to you as part of the course fee:
• ISBN: (9781921734045) BSBSMB401A Textbook Establish Business Legal Requirements
• ISBN: (2770000021524) BCPCM4002A Estimate & Cost Plumbing Theory Notes
• IBSN: (2770000021517) BCPCM4001A Carry Out Risk Control Processes Theory Notes
Students must supply the following regulations/standards at their own cost:
• Health Regulations Standards Act ISBN: (RKH028) Treatment of Sewerage, Disposal of Effluent & Liquid Wastes
• Water Regulations Standards ISBN: (RKP 097) Plumbers Licensing and Plumbing Standards Regulations 2000
• AS/NZS 3500 Plumbing Code ISBN: 2770000019835 2015 Edition
Next dates for delivery
You may enrol anytime for this course. There are mandatory attendance dates at campus with the rest of the study to be done at home.
- dates to be confirmed
Students must have completed a plumbing trade qualification.
You must have completed a plumbing trade qualification.
On the first day you will need to bring your
- Completed PCL workbooks for the lecturer to review.
- A copy of your trades licence card
- Other trade related evidence such as certificates, academic records, and any other forms of documentation related to industry
Resources required for class:
- Workbooks (as per booklist)
- Scientific calculator
- Scale rule
- Pens: red, blue, black and green
- Lead pencils
- Note pad
Upon successful completion of both plumbers contractors skill sets, the participant will be able to work as a plumbing contractor in the areas of sanitary, drainage, backflow and water supply. The participant will also be able to supervise works carried out by tradespersons and apprentices.