Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Get ready to turn your dream into a flourishing business!
This introductory skill set will give you the tools to launch or improve how you operate your own small business or to gain work-ready skills for employment within a range of small businesses.
You will learn how to apply and create relevant documents and publications to your business to organise and better manage your work load, how to use digital and online tools to manage finances, how to establish and manage a social networking presence and how to manage work, health and safety laws relevant to your small business.
Gain these skills:
- Learn about various business documents and publications and how to apply them to your business
- Design and produce digital business documents and publications
- Design and produce spreadsheets for organising and tracking work
- Plan small business finances
- Use social media tools to promote your business
- Apply knowledge of work, health and safety laws in the workplace
Next course dates:
- Starting 15 February for 18 weeks, Mondays 9am to 3.30pm, Fridays 9am to 3pm and starting 17 February on Wednesdays for 6 weeks from 9am to 12pm
- Starting 15 February for 18 weeks, Mondays and Fridays from 9am to 3pm and Wednesdays from 12pm to 3pm
- Starting 15 February for 18 weeks, Mondays and Thursdays 9am to 3pm and Fridays from 9am to 12pm
Help using our online application:
You will need to have the evidence requirements (opens in a new tab) and relevant documents ready to upload with your application. See our guide for applying using our online system (1 MB) (PDF document - opens in a new tab) .
This course can help you get ready for your first job, or re-skill quickly for jobs that are available as WA's economy recovers. This course is absolutely free for anyone to study. Find out more.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.