This module is an extension of the basic fire fighting unit, and is designed to extend the knowledge and skills of the student, sufficient for the person to perform effectively as a key member of an on-board command fire fighting team.
Please note you must hold the following prerequisites for entry onto this course and evidence must be provided upon first day of class:
- STCW Certificate of Safety Training
- Evidence of 6 months sea service training since achieving your COST certificate on a company letterhead.
This course is approved by AMSA for the issuance of the following certificate upon successful completion of the course:
- Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft other than Fast Rescue Boats (AMSA approved), meeting the requirements of STCW Reg VI/2 and Code Section A-VI/2, Table A-VI/2-1
- Your position will not be confirmed until payment has been received.
- Course positions are limited. Practical component conducted at external training provider. 100% attendance is required.
- Minimum dress standards apply attendance: ie closed in shoes be worn (no sandals, thongs or bare feet), neat casual attire.
- It is not acceptable for clothing displaying pictures and or/messages likely to cause offence to others.
Next dates for delivery
This course runs for a duration of 3 days (2 days at our Fremantle campus and 1 day external delivery) with the following start dates:
- 24-26 May 2021
- 23 August 2021
- 8 November 2021
- Standard $2,750