This module is an extension of the Basic Fire Fighting unit, and is designed to extend the knowledge and skills of the student, sufficient for the person to perform effectively as a key member of an on-board command fire fighting team.
- Management of shipboard fire prevention techniques
- Coordination of tactical fire fighting methods
- Use/maintenance of fire fighting equipment
- Fire detection material
- Students must have obtained an AMSA approved Basic Fire Fighting before attending the Advanced Fire course (please provide a copy of your Basic Fire Certificate on the first day of class)
- AMSA requires that you have FOUR (4) MONTHS BREAK between completing the Basic Fire course and attending the Advanced Fire course. (Contact AMSA for clarification if required, ph: 9430 2100)
This course is approved by AMSA for the issuance of the following certificate upon successful completion of the course:
- Advanced Fire Fighting meeting the requirements of STCW Reg VI/3 and Code Section A-VI/3, Table A-VI/3
- Your position will not be confirmed until payment has been received.
- Course positions are limited. Practical component conducted at ERGT Jandakot. 100% attendance is required.
- Minimum dress standards apply to campus and ERGT Jandakot attendance: ie closed in shoes be worn (no sandals, thongs or bare feet), neat casual attire.
- It is not acceptable for clothing displaying pictures and or/messages likely to cause offence to others
- It is a requirement that men be clean-shaven for the practical components conducted at ERGT Jandakot. Facial hair can affect the sealing capability of the face mask
Next dates for delivery
- 17 May 2021
- 16 August 2021
- 1 November 2021