Make a positive difference to the lives of others
Work your way to a fulfilling career in the direct care industry with this introductory skill set, designed to give you the basic skills and knowledge needed to work safely and provide support to people in a range of health care settings such as direct client care, community care, community services, in-home care and disability care.
Gain these skills:
- Compliance with infection prevention and control polices and procedures
- Conducting manual tasks safely
- Meeting personal support needs
- Communicating and working in health or community services
Please note if you are not eligible for fee free training, the following fees apply.
- Tuition fees: $371.10 or free for concession
- Resource fees: $120.00
Course dates and location:
Rockingham – 24 May to 2 July
This program includes 3 weeks full-time study, followed by two week’s work placement with an employer in disability or aged care.
- This program is free for concession-eligible students.
- All students must be over 18 years of age.
- Your expression of interest will assess your suitability for the work involved in the direct care industry such as whether you are able to drive for disability care work, screening for NDIS, drug and alcohol tests and criminal history checks, being able to physically work and communicate with people, having the necessary literacy and numeracy requirements to communicate effectively and your ability to be flexible in your working hours.
How to apply
Make an expression of interest at jobsandskills.wa.gov.au/pathways(opens in a new tab) .
Should your expression of interest show you are the right fit for the industry, you will be invited to attend an information session, giving you the opportunity to ask questions and get access to lecturers and information about work placement employers.