Get ready to secure your digital footprint
Learn the skills to secure your digital footprint whether it be for a small business or your own personal devices.
This skill set will give you an introduction to the world of IT in workplaces where routine cyber security practices are required.
You will learn basic skills in network security, WHS basics and cyber security awareness.
Gain these skills:
- Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- Recognise the need for cyber security in an organisation
- Secure a networked Personal Computer
Next course dates
Next start dates will be February 2022. Please check back for further information or apply to be advised when the next course will run.
Tuition and resource fees
Eligible students study this course absolutely free. If you are not eligible you can expect to pay $428.75.
Help using our online application
You will need to have the evidence requirements(opens in a new tab) and relevant documents ready to upload with your application. When ready to apply, use our guide to self service application using Student Portal.
There are some units in this course that introduce IT concepts at a higher technical level. The units are from the Certificate IV in Cybersecurity, so students should consider their ability to learn technical concepts before applying.
Attendance in class
This course is equivalent to 1 day per week across one semester.
As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete 25% extra of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, and research.
There is no work placement required for this course.
What you need for your first day of class
On your first day you should bring your SM TAFE confirmation enrolment receipt, your student ID, stationery (pen, exercise book, and USB).
In addition, the following uniform is required to be worn at all classes:
- Normal business/computing office attire applies.
Job ready skill sets are 100% free for the following eligible students:
- People aged 15—24 years at the time of enrolment (excluding school students)
- Secondary school-aged people who are not enrolled at school
- People receiving the JobSeeker or JobKeeper payment
- People and dependents of people receiving the Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY
- People and dependents of people holding:
- pensioner concession card or Health Care Card; or
- a Repatriation Health Benefits Card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Dependents of people who are inmates of a custodial institution
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application.