Build your future with skills in infrastructure
Gain the skills to prepare for a career in infrastructure projects, and pick up your White Card along the way!
You will learn the knowledge and skills to work safely in the civil construction industry, communicate effectively on work sites and plan work in relation to infrastructure activities.
This introduction is suitable for students who wish to enter the industry with no or limited experience.
Gain these skills
- Follow work health and safety policies and procedures
- Plan and organise work
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Communicate effectively in the work place
- Operate small plant and equipment
Tuition and resource fees
Eligible students study this course absolutely free. If you are not eligible you can expect to pay $298.66.
Next course dates
Thornlie: to be confirmed
This course requires vaccination prior to work placement. See the important information tab for instructions.
- An educational English level equivalent to Western Australian Year 10 C grade is required for this course
- When you use the expression of interest form to apply, your suitability for work in the industry will be assessed. If successful, an offer will be made to you with an invite to supply your application information and evidence for eligibility for the free course.
Attendance in class & Work placement
This course is delivered 5 days a week for 3 weeks and then students will complete a 4th week on work placement, to be arranged by SM TAFE.
Students will need to bring own work boots, long sleeved hi-vis shirt and work gloves
Job ready skill sets are 100% free for the following eligible students:
- People aged 15—24 years at the time of enrolment (excluding students enrolled at school)
- People and dependents of people receiving JobSeeker payment
- People and dependents of people in receipt of services from one of the following Commonwealth support or employment services programs:
- Online Employment Services
- People and dependents of people receiving the Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY
- People and dependents of people holding:
- a pensioner concession card or Health Care Card; or
- a repatriation health benefits card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs; or
- Dependents of people who are inmates of a custodial institution
Important COVID-19 update
This course includes work placement or live works in a Group 1 or Group 2 industry as outlined in COVID-19 mandatory vaccination policy. For the latest information on vaccine requirements for students visit our COVID-19 update page.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application.