Become a qualified financial counsellor
Make a difference to the lives of those suffering financial hardship with a range of specialist legal, financial and counselling skills.
Financial counsellors help people to manage their finances and understand credit and debt issues as well as their rights and obligations. To be able to operate in Australia as a financial counsellor, you must have this qualification.
SM TAFE is the only registered training organisation in WA to deliver this course face-to-face, allowing more people to utilise this important service while the WA economy recovers. It also provides a solid understanding of social and systemic issues that impact on financial counselling clients.
Many charitable organisations seek to employ people who can provide these specialist financial support services and those already working in the community services sector will also benefit from being able to provide financial counselling to help people regain control of their lives.
Gain these skills:
- Manage the counselling relationship
- Develop counselling interview skills
- Application of technical financial information
- Program community support mechanisms
- Interpret and use financial law
- Provide advocacy and referrals
- Respond to crisis situations
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
- Applicants will need to demonstrate a work history in the form of a CV or resume to show that they have enough experience to tackle the broad aspects of learning to counsel at-risk clients in legal and financial matters
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.