CompTIA Security+ is the first industry certification you should earn to solidify your core security knowledge giving your employer or potential employers the confidence that you have the skills to work in a fast paced high pressure work place.
Learn using hands on skills, to gain security problem solving abilities, on the latest trends and techniques in cyber security. Mix this with our state of the art Cyber Training environment at South Metropolitan TAFE, you will be setup for success when you take the CompTIA Security+ exam.
Gain these skills:
- assess the security posture of an enterprise environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT
- operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance
- identify, analyse, and respond to security events and incidents
Attendance in class
This course is equivalent to 1 evening per week across ten weeks.
As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete 25% extra of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, lab practice, and research.
You will need to have the basic technical requirements for at-home study. If you don’t have access to a computer and WiFi at home, we recommend using our library computers during library hours.
There is no work placement required for this course.
What you need for your first day of class
On your first day you should bring your SM TAFE confirmation enrolment receipt, your student ID, stationery (pen, exercise book, and USB).
In addition, the following uniform is required to be worn at all classes:
- Normal business/computing office attire applies.