Make your pipedream a reality
The Coded Welding Manual Metal Arc Welding (Pipe) skill set will provide existing workers with the skills to weld to the requirements of AS1796 and obtain Certification no. 7 from Weld Australia. It has been developed specifically to suit the defence industry; for example those working on projects such as ship or aircraft building or the maintenance of military vehicles.
This skill set defines the skills and knowledge required for an existing engineering tradesperson who chooses to study at a higher level within metal, engineering, manufacturing and associated occupations in the defence industry.
Gain these skills
- health and safety with welding
- setting and maintaining welding parameters
- welding in the 2G and 5G weld positions
Next dates for delivery
- Night classes - 3 hours per night per week for 30 weeks
- Groups begin monthly when there is demand
- General fee: $478.21
- Concession fee: $355.09
You must be a qualified tradesperson already working in engineering or manufacturing, looking to upskill into defence manufacturing.
Completion of the following units is a prerequisite for this skill set.
- MEM05007C Perform manual heating and thermal cutting
- MEM05012C Perform routine manual metal arc welding
- MEM05015D Weld using manual metal arc welding process
- MEM05051A Select welding processes
- MEM05052A Apply safe welding practices
- MEM09002B Interpret technical drawing
- MEM12023A Perform engineering measurements
- MEM18001C Use hand tools
- MEM18002B Use power tools/hand held operations
- MEM05016C Perform advanced welding using manual metal arc welding process
- MEM05026C Apply welding principles