Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Make your pipedream a reality
The Coded Welding Manual Metal Arc Welding (Pipe) skill set will provide existing workers with the skills to weld to the requirements of AS1796 and obtain Certification no. 7 from Weld Australia. It has been developed specifically to suit the defence industry; for example those working on projects such as ship or aircraft building or the maintenance of military vehicles.
This skill set defines the skills and knowledge required for an existing engineering tradesperson who chooses to study at a higher level within metal, engineering, manufacturing and associated occupations in the defence industry.
Gain these skills:
- health and safety with welding
- setting and maintaining welding parameters
- welding in the 2G and 5G weld positions
- Day classes - Monday to Friday 12 weeks full time
- Night classes - 3 hours per night per week for 30 weeks
- Tuition fees $174.96 + Resource fees $298.75 = Total course fees $473.71
- Concession tuition fees $51.84 + Resource fees $298.75 = Total concession course fees $350.59
Completion of the following units is a prerequisite for this skill set.
- MEM05007C Perform manual heating and thermal cutting
- MEM05012C Perform routine manual metal arc welding
- MEM05015D Weld using manual metal arc welding process
- MEM05051A Select welding processes
- MEM05052A Apply safe welding practices
- MEM09002B Interpret technical drawing
- MEM12023A Perform engineering measurements
- MEM18001C Use hand tools
- MEM18002B Use power tools/hand held operations
- MEM05016C Perform advanced welding using manual metal arc welding process
- MEM05026C Apply welding principles
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.