Firm up your welding career
This Coded Welding Flux Cored Arc skill set covers preparing and producing welds to code standards using flux cored arc welding. It has been developed specifically to suit the role of a welding supervisor in the defence industry; for example those working on projects such as ship or aircraft building or the maintenance of military vehicles.
It will provide existing workers with the skills to be able to weld to the requirements of AS1796 and obtain Certification no. 8F from Weld Australia.
Gain these skills
- health and safety with welding
- setting and maintaining welding parameters
- fillet welds, and butt welds on plate at various positions
- Preparing and setting up of pipe components and pipe welds within this course are performed by using weld rotators.
Next dates for delivery
- Day classes: Monday to Friday 12 weeks full time
- Night classes: 3 hours per night per week for 30 weeks
- Groups begin monthly when there is demand
- Tuition fees $174.96 + Resource fees $244.25 = Total course fees $419.21
- Concession tuition fees $51.84 + Resource fees $244.25 = Total concession course fees $296.09
Completion of the following units is a prerequisite for this skill set.
- MEM05007C Perform manual heating and thermal cutting
- MEM05047B Weld using flux core arc welding process
- MEM05050B Perform routine gas metal arc welding
- MEM05051A Select welding processes
- MEM05052A Apply safe welding practices
- MEM09002B Interpret technical drawing
- MEM12023A Perform engineering measurements
- MEM18001C Use hand tools
- MEM18002B Use power tools/hand held operations
- MEM05026C Apply welding principles
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.