Design structures and models using industry technology
Take your career in Building Information Modeling (BIM) to the next level with analytical and practical design skills based around construction industry standards and software tools.
Discover how to use tools like Revit BIM and Robot Structure analysis to construct and analyse CAD models to Australian design standards. Use your designs to develop detailed plans for workflow management and collaboration across disciplines.
This course is ideal for FIFO workers - talk to us about how you can study this course flexibly.
Gain these skills:
- Knowledge of structural requirements, local building and construction standards, codes and practices
- Structural mechanics: loads, analysis, materials, and design of members such as columns, beams, trusses and portal frames
- To model structural elements from basic beams, columns and walls through to more real-life complex examples in addition to exploring a variety of functions such as structural connections and advanced steel
- Simulating various load conditions to determine the strength and stiffness of structure by reporting component stress, strain and deformations
- Drafting, scheduling and the production of drawings and specifications for building project
- Use of BIM Revit Structural (Building Information Modelling) to compile building information ready for planning and design and detailing for construction
- 1 February to 21 June| Mondays from 5pm to 8pm
Requirements of the course:
This course requires both on-campus practical and theory classes; and connectivity to learning management systems for self-paced study.
On-campus practical and theory classes:
For 3 hours every week, you will need to attend workshops and lectures on-campus.
Connectivity to learning management systems for self-paced study:
Once enrolled, you will receive information about how to login to our eCampus. Your study will include 6 to 8 hours a week using Blackboard, where you will access learning content, assignments, lesson plans and pre-reading for classes, at your place of choice, on or off-campus. To access the full suite of software activities, you will need to use College computers at Munster campus.
This skill set forms part of RII50515 Diploma of Civil Construction Design , which provides pathways towards university entry requirements.