Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Aboriginal Leadership program
South Metropolitan TAFE’s Aboriginal leadership program has been specifically designed for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) staff aspiring to become leaders and mentors across all sectors of industry. The program aims to assist participants in developing the essential skills and knowledge required to:
- Manage their own performance and professional development
- Provide leadership guidance and support to individuals and teams
- Mentor others in the workplace or a community organisation
- Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- Deal with conflict and manage difficult situations
- Maintain an ethical approach in a leadership role
- Develop work priorities
- Manage stress in the workplace
To be eligible for the program, applicants must be:
- Of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Currently employed and have the support of their employer to participate in the program
- Able to attend all three blocks of training and have access to a computer and the internet.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
- team leader.
For information about jobs and pathways, please see http://joboutlook.gov.au/
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.