Aboriginal Leadership program
South Metropolitan TAFE’s Aboriginal leadership program has been specifically designed for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) staff aspiring to become leaders and mentors across all sectors of industry.
Gain these skills:
- Manage your own performance and professional development
- Provide leadership guidance and support to individuals and teams
- Mentor others in the workplace or a community organisation
- Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- Deal with conflict and manage difficult situations
- Maintain an ethical approach in a leadership role
- Develop work priorities
- Manage stress in the workplace
To be eligible for the program, applicants must be:
- Of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Currently employed and have the support of their employer to participate in the program
- Able to attend all three blocks of training and have access to a computer and the internet.
Attendance in class
You will need to attend class approximately 3 full days a week, for 3 weeks.
As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 10 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, and research.
Work placement is not a requirement for this course.
What you need for your first day of class
On your first day you should bring your SM TAFE confirmation enrolment receipt, your student ID, stationery (pen, exercise book, and file).
- team leader.
For information about jobs and pathways, please see http://joboutlook.gov.au/
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application.