Are you looking to turn your air-conditioning career up a notch?
Take the next step and learn how to install and commission HVAC.
The Certificate IV HVAC Commissioning will prepare you for work with today’s computer controlled HVAC systems. Subjects covered will include: AHU’s, VAV’s, Chillers, Cooling Towers and ancillary equipment. Learn your way around a BMS system. You will, air balance, water balance as well as; fully install commission and optimise a VAV-AHU (using the BMS).
Learn to commission in hands-on sessions with experienced commissioning technicians. This course is delivered 90% via online and 10% on campus (evening). The theory part of the course will be online via pre-recorded videos and live online sessions. All practicals will be on-campus. Flexibility will be our guiding principle – the online component is self-paced; on-campus sessions will run throughout the Semester at your request. Come to TAFE when it suits you!
When you have completed the Certificate IV – you only need to complete 5 Units (some maths and some reporting) and you qualify for an Advanced Trade Diploma.
For those already working in industry, you may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning. To find out if you're eligible, visit the RPL page.
This course at SM TAFE is a post trade skills add-on and requires Certificate III in Air Conditioning (Metals – MEM) and Restricted Electrical Licence (Mechanics) for entry.
- MEM10008B - UNDERTAKE COMMISSIONING PROCEDURES FOR PLANT AND/OR EQUIPMENT
- MEM18092B - MAINTAIN AND REPAIR COMMERCIAL AND/OR INDUSTRIAL REFRIGERATION AND/OR AIR CONDITIONING CONTROLS
- MEM18093B - MAINTAIN AND REPAIR INTEGRATED INDUSTRIAL REFRIGERATION AND/OR LARGE AIR HANDLING SYSTEM CONTROLS
- MEM18089B - MAINTAIN AND REPAIR CENTRAL AIR HANDLING SYSTEMS
- MEM18095A - MAINTAIN AND REPAIR COOLING TOWERS/EVAPORATIVE CONDENSERS AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT
- MEM16009A - RESEARCH AND ANALYSE ENGINEERING INFORMATION
- MEM16003B - PROVIDE ADVANCED CUSTOMER SERVICE
- MEM16012A - INTERPRET TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS AND MANUALS
This qualification is directly aligned with priority industry areas where the jobs are today, and into the future. As part of the state government Lower fees, local skills initiative, from 1 January 2021 through to 31 December 2021 you'll only pay half the course fees (plus resource fee), capped at $1,200; or $400 if you're aged 15—24 or eligible for a concession. Find out more.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.