Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Are you looking to turn your air-conditioning career up a notch?
Take the next step and learn how to install and commission HVAC.
The Certificate IV HVAC Commissioning will prepare you for work with today’s computer controlled HVAC systems. Subjects covered will include: AHU’s, VAV’s, Chillers, Cooling Towers and ancillary equipment. Learn your way around a BMS system. You will, air balance, water balance as well as; fully install commission and optimise a VAV-AHU (using the BMS).
Learn to commission in hands-on sessions with experienced commissioning technicians. This course is delivered 90% via online and 10% on campus (evening). The theory part of the course will be online via pre-recorded videos and live online sessions. All practicals will be on-campus. Flexibility will be our guiding principle – the online component is self-paced; on-campus sessions will run throughout the Semester at your request. Come to TAFE when it suits you!
When you have completed the Certificate IV – you only need to complete 5 Units (some maths and some reporting) and you qualify for an Advanced Trade Diploma.
For those already working in industry, you may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning. To find out if you're eligible, visit the RPL page.
- MEM10008B - UNDERTAKE COMMISSIONING PROCEDURES FOR PLANT AND/OR EQUIPMENT
- MEM18092B - MAINTAIN AND REPAIR COMMERCIAL AND/OR INDUSTRIAL REFRIGERATION AND/OR AIR CONDITIONING CONTROLS
- MEM18093B - MAINTAIN AND REPAIR INTEGRATED INDUSTRIAL REFRIGERATION AND/OR LARGE AIR HANDLING SYSTEM CONTROLS
- MEM18089B - MAINTAIN AND REPAIR CENTRAL AIR HANDLING SYSTEMS
- MEM18095A - MAINTAIN AND REPAIR COOLING TOWERS/EVAPORATIVE CONDENSERS AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT
- MEM16009A - RESEARCH AND ANALYSE ENGINEERING INFORMATION
- MEM16003B - PROVIDE ADVANCED CUSTOMER SERVICE
- MEM16012A - INTERPRET TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS AND MANUALS
Gain these skills:
- perform computations
- apply principles of occupational health and safety in the work environment
- plan to undertake a routine task
- apply quality systems
- work with others in a manufacturing, engineering or related environment
- interact with computing technology
- participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
This course at SM TAFE is a post trade skills add-on and requires Certificate III in Air Conditioning (Metals – MEM) and Restricted Electrical Licence (Mechanics) for entry.
Attendance in class
This is a part-time course across one semester.
As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 4 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, and research.
You will need to have the basic technical requirements for at-home study as well as access to LMS Blackboard. If you don’t have access to a computer and WiFi at home, we recommend using our library computers during library hours.
To study online and on campus, you should be prepared to commit to independent study and to attend our campuses. To help you understand what it takes to study online and on campus at SM TAFE, download our info pack below.
Work placement is not mandatory for this course however you must have either completed or be in the process of completing a trade qualification in refrigeration and air conditioning.
What you need for your first day of class
On your first day you should bring your SM TAFE confirmation enrolment receipt, your student ID and stationery (pen, exercise book).
In addition, the following uniform is required to be worn at all classes:
- Work issued PPE for lab work
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application.