Study for a career in aircraft maintenance or advance your existing aircraft maintenance career with a B1 or B2 Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME) license. SM TAFE offers modules to suit the B1 LAME license, focusing on maintenance of Airframes (A), Engines (C) and Electrical (E) systems; and the B2 LAME license, focusing on Electrical (E), Instrument (I) and Radio (R) systems.
Study flexibly in a CASA approved training facility at Jandakot’s Aviation campus that includes a hangar housing a variety of training aeroplanes, engines and equipment including a Boeing B737-200. Our classrooms, computer labs and online systems will complement module training that is designed in-house by experienced lecturers in collaboration with industry. Progress your journey by attempting required CASA examinations with us.
CASA Part 66 Module 4 delivers basic electronic knowledge with applied concepts that relate to aircraft maintenance.
Acquire this knowledge
- Diodes symbols, characteristics and their materials, configuration and properties
- Transistors symbols, characteristics, properties, construction and operation of simple circuits and multistage circuits
- Integrated circuits - logic, linear and amplifier operations
- Printed circuit boards and their use
- Principles of open and closed loops, servomechanism, analogue, transducer, null, damping, feedback, deadband and construction and operation of synchro system components
Sit the exam only
If you are someone who is already in the industry and would like to follow a “self-study” and examinations pathway, express your interest to find out available examination dates.