Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Get ready for a career in Business!
This skill set is the perfect introduction to office administration, clerical work and reception work.
You will learn to all aspects of customer service and management, organisation of daily work tasks, how to produce professional documents using relevant business technology and how to work effectively with colleagues in an office environment.
Gain these skills:
- Deliver a service to customers
- Produce digital text documents
- Organise and complete daily work activities
- Use business technology
- Contribute to health and safety of self and others
Tuition and resource fees
Eligible students study this course absolutely free. If you are not eligible you can expect to pay $809.95.
Next course dates
New dates coming soon!
Help using our online application
You will need to have the evidence requirements(opens in a new tab) and relevant documents ready to upload with your application. When ready to apply, use our guide to self service application using Student Portal.
Attendance in class
This course is equivalent to two days per week over seven weeks.
As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 3 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, and research.
Work placement is not a requirement for this course.
What you need for your first day of class
Required personal stationery items are essential aids for your studies and your lecturers will advise you at orientation, of any that you need to provide.
The basic items are: a USB storage device/Thumb drive, paper and writing materials. A folder is sometimes helpful as you are responsible for taking notes and keeping them organised.
If you have any questions or concerns about your course or your studies you should approach your lecturers at orientation, who will be more than happy to assist you. Your lecturers will advise you at orientation of any additional resource requirements such as textbooks and software applications as well as providing information on how to access or purchase student copes/licences.
Remember to bring, your South Metropolitan TAFE confirmation enrolment receipt, your student ID, a pen and notepad and dress should be neat casual.
Job ready skill sets are 100% free for the following eligible students:
- People aged 15—24 years at the time of enrolment (excluding students enrolled at school)
- People and dependents of people receiving JobKeeper payment
- People and dependents of people in receipt of services from one of the following Commonwealth support or employment services programs:
- Online Employment Services
- People and dependents of people receiving the Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY
- People and dependents of people holding:
- a pensioner concession card or Health Care Card; or
- a repatriation health benefits card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs; or
- Dependents of people who are inmates of a custodial institution
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application.