VETDSS applications are now closed for our 2022 VETDSS intake. However, applications for our Education Support Courses (Skill Sets) remain open until 1 November 2021. For further information on our Education Support Courses (Skill Sets) 2022 VETDSS Course Guide (9 MB) (PDF document - opens in a new tab) .
. Please ensure you have the following information prepared before you start your application:
- School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA) number (8 digits) this can be found on your school report or ask your school VET Coordinator if unsure)
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI) – if you don’t have one please visit the USI website(opens in a new tab) ;
- Parent or guardian email address and mobile number.
- School report in electronic format (e.g. PDF);
- Resume, references, and any certificates which will help support your application; and
- A Student Statement outlining why you should be selected to participate in the course (please note there is a limit of 500 characters that can be entered in this section)
- If you are a previous student of SMTAFE (Taster courses, Try a Trade, Work Ready), please ensure you have your student ID to register
- Please use Google Chrome as the preferred browser when completing an application
Click on the apply now link below to start your application.
Education Support Programs
SM TAFE continues its commitment to providing options for all school aged students including those attending education support centres or undertaking education support programs at school. We provide learning environments that welcome students of all abilities and promotes inclusiveness. Students with disabilities and a diverse range of learning needs can attend SM TAFE alongside their peers.
The courses we offer have been selected as suitable for education support students. Schools are expected to send education assistants with students who require in classroom support at school. If you are unsure about your suitability of a course, please discuss this with your school VET Coordinator. You should also consider the requirements of the course and the application with your parent or guardian.
Applications for 2022 Education Support programs will need to be submitted using our online portal using the link above. Applications for Education Support courses will remain open until 1 November.