Home | Content | Withdrawals and refunds

Withdrawals and refunds


If you decide that you no longer wish to do a unit or a course, don't just stop attending classes! 

South Metropolitan TAFE would like to have the opportunity to help you choose an alternate unit or option that is more suited to your interests and we encourage you to speak with one of our Course Advisers to assist you with your course options.

We would like to also remind you that it is the student's responsibility to check if you still owe fees even if you withdraw. 

All students must officially withdraw using the Enrolment Adjustment form (Form No. F210010) and check their fees balance once this is done. Formal withdrawal is especially important for students who are enrolled with a Commonwealth VET Student Loan or a VET FEE-HELP loan. Students with an approved Commonwealth student loan will incur a liability for the units they have enrolled in if they remain enrolled after the census dates.  

Enrolment Adjustment Forms are available from any South Metropolitan TAFE Customer Service Centre. 

For more information on census dates and withdrawal procedures visit the Student Loans​ page​.

Page last updated February 13, 2017