Thornlie, the largest campus of South Metropolitan TAFE, is approximately 10km from the CBD to the south east.
Courses at Thornlie include
- carpentry and joinery
- community services
- electrical technology
- metal fabrication
- health and fitness
- heavy duty mechanical
- information technology
- painting and decorating
The campus has specialised workshops, and offers courses in the areas of community services, engineering, business, information technology and construction.
Thornlie has over 20 specialist computing laboratories, a fully equipped gymnasium for health and fitness training, and access to modern heavy vehicles.
The Thornlie cafeteria is open Monday to Friday (hours posted at the door) and, the campus is within easy walking distance to Centro Maddington Shopping Centre with over 80 retailers.
The library provides:
- A large and diverse resource collection of books, magazines and DVDs;
- Assistance with researching for information and answers to reference enquiries;
- Information sessions on library and information services, supported with published and online information guides;
- Assistance with study, referencing and learning skills;
- Networked and wireless computer areas;
- Access to electronic information such as internet and databases; and
- Access to audiovisual equipment.
Ample parking is available for South Metropolitan TAFE students, but students must not park in designated staff bays.
Parking signs prohibiting parking on any ring road or on lawn areas will be enforced by the City Ranger who will issue infringement notices. Parking access is authorised to:
- Car park No. 2 which has 586 bays and is on a first come first served basis. When the car park is full, a sign will be displayed.
- Students with a disability have access to designated bays in both car park No. 1 and 2.
Car parks can be accessed Monday to Thursday between 7:30am and 10:00pm; Friday between 7:30am and 5:00pm, during term. Security guards patrol both car parks regularly during these periods.